garagemadesimple.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com . The website is also an affiliate of a few other brands.
Metal garage siding has gained popularity over the years due to its durability, affordability, and aesthetic appeal. It is an ideal choice for those seeking a low-maintenance option with a sophisticated look.
Metal garage siding has several advantages when compared to other siding materials. In this article, I walk you through the pros and cons, special features, installation process, maintenance, and many more! After reading this article you will be better informed about why it is the perfect choice for your home and garage.
Pros of Metal Siding
The pros of metal garage siding are that it:
- is incredibly durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions, making it an ideal option for challenging climates.
- provides excellent insulation and noise reduction possibilities, helping you save on energy bills.
- has sleek looks which gives your home and detached garage a modern, sophisticated feel.
- comes in a variety of colors and styles to suit any design aesthetic.
- is highly affordable, making it an economical choice for those on a budget.
- requires minimal maintenance.
Cons of Metal Siding
The cons of metal garage siding are that it:
- is prone to denting and scratching.
- is a non-porous material, so moisture can become trapped underneath the siding, leading to rust or corrosion in some cases.
Special Features of Metal Sidings for Your Garage
You may be surprised to learn that metal siding has additional features beyond its durability and aesthetic appeal.
Metal siding can reflect sunlight, helping keep your home and detached garage cool during the hot summer months.
Additionally, it is fire-resistant and can provide extra protection against potential fires. This is especially beneficial for those living in areas with higher risks of wildfires.
You can even choose to have special coatings applied which can help add more design options and further protect your siding from extreme elements.
Did you know that metal garage siding is also a great choice for those seeking extra security? Many types of metal siding can be reinforced with special locks, helping add peace of mind to your home.
This is your opportunity to customize your siding and make it uniquely yours. You can contact a professional such as Mighty Dog Roofing in Durham to help you with the installation process and even provide helpful advice on how to maintain it properly.
Installing metal siding is a relatively simple process, but some may prefer to hire a professional for the job. If you choose to do it yourself, make sure you have all the necessary supplies and tools before beginning.
Here is a step-by-step guide to getting you started:
- Measure and mark the metal siding panels according to your measurements.
- Cut the panels with snips or a metal cutting saw, then install them onto the walls of your garage.
- Use nails or screws to secure each panel in place and make sure it is level.
- Install trim around windows and doors, then caulk the joints between panels to ensure a tight seal.
- Use the appropriate sealant to protect the metal siding from moisture and extreme temperatures.
- Inspect the installation and make any necessary adjustments before you’re done.
There are some simple steps you can take to ensure that your metal garage siding is maintained properly.
- Regularly inspect the siding for any signs of rust or corrosion and repair them immediately.
- Clean the panels using a mild detergent and soft cloth regularly. Do not use harsh chemicals as they can damage the finish.
- Seal the panels with a quality sealant every few years to protect them from moisture and other elements.
- Use a metal primer or paint before installing the siding to ensure its longevity.
- Inspect the installation periodically for any loose nails, screws, or other debris that may have made its way into the seams of your siding.
Metal garage siding is an excellent option for those looking for a durable, low-maintenance product that offers great style and value. Its special features make it highly versatile and its installation is relatively straightforward.
With proper maintenance, your metal siding will last for years to come. If you’re interested in learning more about it and its benefits, contact your local siding contractor today!
Thank you very much for reading the post. I do hope you found it informative and useful.